outdrive conversion Fjord 27

Tekniska frågor om tex. motorer , el etc.
Technical matters about engines, electrical equipment etc.

Moderator: Lars Lundbladh

Skriv svar
arthor

outdrive conversion Fjord 27

Inlägg av arthor »

Greetings again.
I have started this as a new topic to my other query about repowering my Fjord 27.

Basically, I want to clear the space in the cockpit area and lower the sole prior to putting on a hard top. I also want to solve the spare engine issue. I also want to have 175-200 hp on tap. As I see it, I have two possibilities

1) put in a 4 cylinder turbo diesel on the original shaft so I can have a lower cockpit sole with an engine box in the middle. Does anyone which sort of 4 cylinder engine with the sort of power I need would be suitable. I am happy to marinise one, either using the existing stuff or sourcing new bits.

2) As I am happy to do away with the aft cabin, I have looked into the possibility of putting two small engines in there connected to volvo 270/280 legs. I am particularly interested in the Peugot 1.9 TD (90-115hp each) as a firm in the UK can supply an engines and marinising kits. I have seen 27s advertised with sterndrive power so I am sure it is possible. How much beefing up would the transom need?? I am sure it is just as strong as the 24 which had a sterndrive with 130hp as standard. Would I need to get a marine engineer in to survey it to ensure my BSS certificate is still valid?

Can anyone advise or give an opinion on these options??

thanks

arthor
Skriv svar