Sourcing window-rubber for Weekender 24

Tekniska frågor om tex. motorer , el etc.
Technical matters about engines, electrical equipment etc.

Moderator: Lars Lundbladh

Skriv svar
Dan

Sourcing window-rubber for Weekender 24

Inlägg av Dan »

Hej alla!
Firstly may I apologise for not speaking Swedish or Norwegian. I did actually live in Sweden for a while some years ago but my language skills aren't good. However, I do hope some of you may be able to help me.

I bought a 1977 Weekender 24 last year. After discovering a leak, I rather stupidly removed one of the cabin side-windows not realising I wouldn't be able to find new rubber channel for it. The rubber was perished and I had to clean the frame up. I hoped to use a rubber glazing compound to relplace the glass in the frame but now realise I can't as the flat glass is forcably flexed into the frame and then only retained when clamped against the hull with the interior strips. Now I have a hole in my boat, and a disassembled window in my kitchen!

I emailed Fjordboats but their reply stated that they only bought the brand and none of the IP so they don't carry plans, parts or anything for older boats. I also found a thread here linknig to a company called 'Colt' but they seem not to exist any more. Some of the biggest rubber-seal retailers in the UK have told me they have no suitable replacement for this.

Has anybody else had a similar problem? Does anybody know where I might be able to source this rubber from or does anybody have technical knowledge of an alternative way to re-glaze this window frame please?

A million 'thank you's' in advance!

Dan. :wink:
Lars Lundbladh
Kontakt:

Re: Sourcing window-rubber for Weekender 24

Inlägg av Lars Lundbladh »

Hi Dan,

The original supplier of windows and frames where Golar Metall AS this company is now taken over by Ertec
http://www.ertec.no/
Contact them for further information.

/Lars
Fjord 900 Dolphin -88 /D6
Ordförande och webmaster i Fjordklubben
Dan

Inlägg av Dan »

Thank you for your reply, Lars. That gives me a new lead and it looks as though they may have something vaguely similar.

For anyone else who may be in a similar position, this company now seems to be based in Denmark and their url is now; http://www.ertec.dk/
I will report back after I have contacted them. In the mean-time, if anyone else has any experience with these or similar windows, please do post your experience and solutions.

Thanks again,

Dan.
huggy444

Inlägg av huggy444 »

It has been some time since this thread was created. I am in a similar position. I would like to replace the windows to cure a leak, but there seems to be difficulty locating new glass and especially rubber gaskets. Did anyone find a source of these?
Lars Lundbladh
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Lars Lundbladh »

Hi,

These pages are in Norwegian:
http://www.ertec.no/bestilling
I belive the gasket you are looking for:
http://www.ertec.no/image/R20239131.jpeg

Mail ertec for order and check if it is correct

Windows should be able to by from nearest Glazier.

/Lars
Fjord 900 Dolphin -88 /D6
Ordförande och webmaster i Fjordklubben
Dirk

Inlägg av Dirk »

Hy guys,
i have the same problem with the side windows of my 24 weekender.
For the start this year i make the quick and dirty solution with silicone around the aluminium frame.
For the right and good retrofit, in the end of this year, i search for right sealing.
Now i found the sealing for the plastic glass pane at Eltec Norway and, i hope the right, also the sealing tape.
I am not shure that the thickness of the pane is 5mm; can someone tell me if i am right?
Also the sealings: i found at the Eltec PDF the Profile R2023913 and for the aluminium frame the tape 3x9mm R2023856.
Can someone verify these things?
Best Regards

Dirk
Skriv svar