Frågor om Båtar och modeller.
Questions about boats and modells

Moderator: Lars Lundbladh

Skriv svar
Tuomj-1

Weekender 24 -76

Inlägg av Tuomj-1 »

Hello Lars and others.
This club is fine like our boats are too. I have a Weekender 24 with twin AQ170C installation. Do you know what have the maximum
speed been on this boat when it was new? And what have consumption of gasoline been?
Now it takes about 27 litres/h with a speed 23-24 knots/h . Max speed is 29 knots.
I have a feeling that in this boat is better to have more speed than speed when it just stays up. Then i get smaller consumption.
In every case i am very happy about these two motors, even now when motors are not in best shape.
Manouvers are very nice when you can put one machine forward and other reverse.
And once on last summer left engine stopped on far from homeharbour. Gasoline pump went broken.
With one motor i came easily back home. What do you think wich are bad points in twin motor installation
if you verify it to single motor installation? Of course bad points in twin are bigger service cost and work.
Is it going much faster and with smaller consumption if i have only one bigger motor with same or almost same power like these 2 together?

Best regards Juha Tuomi
Lars Lundbladh
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Lars Lundbladh »

Hello Juha!

The boat shold do something above 30 (maybe 35 knots) knots with 2x AQ170. 27 l/h seems to be ok or even small with two engines , are you sure about this? this meens around 1,2 liters /nM. 29 knots is a bit to small , what propellers do you have ? Can you state rpm att speed ?

/Lars
Senast redigerad av Lars Lundbladh den 11 jan 2008, 00:51, redigerad totalt 1 gånger.
Tuomj-1

Inlägg av Tuomj-1 »

Yes, consumption / hour is around this, but / seamile probably some more. We have many speed limits in Turku Archipelago so i cannot always use best march speed. I don't know the size of propellers but when i bought this boat it made about 21 knots with 3200 rpm. But problem was that left engine was not strong enough to rise up rpm much more.
So i changed smaller propellers and now i drove over 60 hours with 4000-4100 rpm with speed 23-24 knots.

Best regards Juha
Lars Lundbladh
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Lars Lundbladh »

What size propeller do you have ? 15 x17 is usally good for this motor.
Skriv svar