Frågor om Båtar och modeller.
Questions about boats and modells

Moderator: Lars Lundbladh

Skriv svar
jameswood

Fjord Olympic - engine replacement and restoration

Inlägg av jameswood »

Hi All,

Apologies in advance for the English, despite having lived in Stockholm for just over a year I haven’t learnt much Swedish yet.

At the beginning of the summer I purchased a Fjord Olympic from Blocket with the intention of making the most of the Swedish summer in the archipelago. The boat seemed to be in great condition for the low price I paid. Unfortunately three weeks after the purchased the engine seized – just before the planned holiday.

The boat is now out the water, and my mechanic has suggested the engine (Volvo Penta 145A) is beyond repair and needs to be replaced.

I now plan to spend the winter carrying out a full restoration on the boat, to include upgrading the engine and drive.

This is my first motorboat and I have very little knowledge of how to work on such things, so I’m hoping this forum may be able to provide some advice and guidance in this process.

The first job will be to select a suitable engine and drive setup. I’m looking to achieve a cruising speed of around 22-25knots, as the boat seems to ride very well at this speed. Ideally I don’t want the fuel consumption to exceed 1.4 l/nm at this speed. I’d greatly appreciate any advice on what engine and drive setup could achieve this.

Once the engine issue has been resolved I intend to bring the rest of the boat up to top standard, hopefully in time for the 2014 season.

As mentioned, I’d welcome any advice on how best to go about this project and any suggestions of good workshops to assist in Stockholm.

Best regards,

James
Lars Lundbladh
Kontakt:

Re: Fjord Olympic - engine replacement and restoration

Inlägg av Lars Lundbladh »

E-mail me I know where to get a full working good condition AQ longblock engine for hour boat.

/Lars

lars.lundbladh "at" fjordclub.com
Fjord 900 Dolphin -88 /D6
Ordförande och webmaster i Fjordklubben
Skriv svar