FJORD 27 AC CRUISER

Tekniska frågor om tex. motorer , el etc.
Technical matters about engines, electrical equipment etc.

Moderator: Lars Lundbladh

Skriv svar
gaskonj

FJORD 27 AC CRUISER

Inlägg av gaskonj »

Hallo,

I have a Fjord 27 ac year 1979 with a VOLVO b170bb gasoline
and Borg Verner gear.
I wont to buy a Volvo MD 32 used diesel motor with also Borg Werner gear.
Is this taking in account the instalation space posible.
What speed and consuption will I have with this motor.
Do I have to change the propeller? If yes what kind is apropriat.
Please if somebody has this expirince let me know.
Thank you in advance.

Vladimir Zmbov, Belgrade

V.Zmbov
Flinn

Inlägg av Flinn »

I replaced my petrol engine with a diesel one two years ago. The new engine was an AD41 200HP. The additional power required a new gearbox. The MD32 produces 106HP and should allow you to keep the old gearbox, you may need a new bellhousing plate to couple the engine to the gearbox. The engine will fit the engine space but access for servicing will be tight.

The prop will rotate more slowly with the diesel engine and your gear ratio won't be the best with the Borg Warner (2.2:1 or something like that) you will probably be looking at 16" x 14" or so and 10 - 12 knots at full power, maybe a bit less. Based on a similar boat I know on the Thames.

Some engineers reckion a bigger prop that 16" can be swung, this may make a difference if you can do it.

Two beers please: my friend will pay
gaskonj

Inlägg av gaskonj »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Flinn</i>

I replaced my petrol engine with a diesel one two years ago. The new engine was an AD41 200HP. The additional power required a new gearbox. The MD32 produces 106HP and should allow you to keep the old gearbox, you may need a new bellhousing plate to couple the engine to the gearbox. The engine will fit the engine space but access for servicing will be tight.

The prop will rotate more slowly with the diesel engine and your gear ratio won't be the best with the Borg Warner (2.2:1 or something like that) you will probably be looking at 16" x 14" or so and 10 - 12 knots at full power, maybe a bit less. Based on a similar boat I know on the Thames.

Some engineers reckion a bigger prop that 16" can be swung, this may make a difference if you can do it.

Two beers please: my friend will pay
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Thank you Flinn,
I am getting the gear box with the engine.
So I think that I could get even better performances?
Best regards.
Vladimir

V.Zmbov
Skriv svar