815SSE - Info please

Frågor om Båtar och modeller.
Questions about boats and modells

Moderator: Lars Lundbladh

Skriv svar
Medway Mudlark

815SSE - Info please

Inlägg av Medway Mudlark »

Hello everyone, My name is David and I am from the south east UK. I have just completed the purchase on an 815 sse and wondered if anyone on the forum can give me any information on them. it is fitted with a single VP AQAD40, although not sure which version, but suspect it is a 165hp, can anyone clarify this as the engine plate has long gone, and I could not see fjord fitting a single 130. Also how many of these were built, this one is listed as a 1984. Cant wait for the 17th when its lifted and transported 100 miles to a yard nearer home and then a 5 month refit as it's looking very tired. Will post some pics soon as it's a bit of a project. My other boat is a Draco 2000 dc, now fully restored and owned by me for 14 years.

Many thanks in advance
Kind Regards

David.
Lars Lundbladh
Kontakt:

Re: 815SSE - Info please

Inlägg av Lars Lundbladh »

Hi,

I have owned a Fjord 815 SSE the last 7 years. My boat has been restored an upgraded during these years so if you have any questions please ask.
I have a British test that I will send to you over email.
If you are a paying member of Fjord club, the club has more material that can be sent to you.

The model was not built so many years so there are not so many 815 available. The little sister 725 based on the 24 weekender was produced more years and in larger volumes.

If you have an AQAD40 it is most likely a B type engine that have 165hp. These engines where manufactured until 1986 when it was replaced with the AQAD41.

If you want to take a look at my boat you will find pictures here :
https://plus.google.com/photos/10568670 ... 6488741281

If someone is interested in a Fjord 8815 in very good condition it is for sale here:
https://www.fjordboatclub.se//forum/vie ... f=6&t=1233

/Lars
Fjord 900 Dolphin -88 /D6
Ordförande och webmaster i Fjordklubben
Medway Mudlark

Lars,
Many thanks for your post, and the test which you sent me, they are extremely useful and have answered a lot of questions running through my mind. Did not realise that you could pay for membership, but have looked into this and will certainly be doing so.
The boat has sat on a marina mooring, unused for 2 years, and so requires a lot of work, but the important bits, engine and drive , appear to be ok, other than a small overheat on river trials at 3000 rpm, which is probably impeller or weeded up seawater system. Other priority jobs are to reseal all the windows and replace the upper perspex ones, and strip all the linings out as they have all been ruined by 2 years of dampness and leaks, so,it's time to fit the eberspacher and shore hookup so i am warm and dry and get as much as i can do inside until the weather gets better, hopefully around march, and then turn my attentions to the outside. The plan is to have it useable by May 2015. I have a way to go before it looks as good as yours , but i'm up for a challenge.
Lars Lundbladh
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Lars Lundbladh »

Hi again,

If you need advice on spare parts please fell free to contact me.
You mention to reseal the windows the sealing used is unusual and is manufactured by from Ertec in Norway http://www.ertec.no/bestilling Part number R2023913

/Lars
Fjord 900 Dolphin -88 /D6
Ordförande och webmaster i Fjordklubben
Medway Mudlark

Hi Again,

Well got her home without incident, and proceeded to strip out the main cabin of all removable woodwork. Have removed all the linings except for the remaining foam on the starboard side of the hull, discovered that there leaks also from the windscreen fixings self tappers???. Therefore the screen will have to be lifted and rebedded and bolted down . Am surprised by this apparant lack of detail as it's very well screwed together, also managed to remove all the screws to the top windows, with only 1 shearing on me!
One question, on the port side as part of the hull moulding there is a piece which the toilet bulkhead is bolted to. It is proposed fo sacrifice the hanging locker in favour of making the toilet compartment slightly larger, and I was considering cutting this back to leave about 2ins in from the hull, any considered reasons for not doing this as it does not appear structural, and the hull is pretty over engineered anyway.

Many thanks, and have a good holiday

David.
Skriv svar