InstaTrim

Tekniska frågor om tex. motorer , el etc.
Technical matters about engines, electrical equipment etc.

Moderator: Lars Lundbladh

Skriv svar
GunnarK

InstaTrim

Inlägg av GunnarK »

Hej
Tänkte dela med mig lire av problemlösning InstaTrim hydralpump.
Sonens båt, behjälplig Far.
Trimplanen funkade dåligt. Gick ut ibland ock segt in. Helsstopp ibland.
Tog ner aggregatet . Tog isär allt ,blåste ren, mätte motor, och magnet ventiler. Allt ok men likt förbannat funkade det inte som det ska. Efter gjort dessa moment ett antal gånger så kopplade vi upp aggregatet på bänk med lite sillburkar som simmulerade kolvarna. Samma problem. Gick segt eller inte allas. Körde ventilerna och tyckte att de klickade lite olika högt. I botten mellan spolen och sätet ligger en O-ring. Bytte den på båda sidor till en något tjockare ... och vad händer allt funkar perfekt.. Troligtvis drog inte käglan in MV upp tillräckligt för att öppna fullt ut för god funktion.
Kostnad 5kr samt massa erfarenhet hur det funkar.

Bifogar problem lösning från InstaTrim som inte gav så mycket i detta fall men de var väldigt behjälplig.

Thanks for quick answer.
I try with more elektric power.
It seems strange that it would something wrong with the solenoid. I have the same ohms on both ( I dont remember how much but it was the same). The only difference i can see (hear) when i test it on the bench is that the ”click” is lower on the one that does not work.
I had to continue testing. Maybe it ends with a new solenoid. It feels hard. I new one in sweden cost app. 100 dollar. As you know ,its many hols to spend mony in a old boat.😒

Best Regards
Gunnar Karlberg
Liegatan 2
53141 Lidköping
+46 706724765

13 maj 2019 kl. 22:09 skrev contact@insta-trim.com:

you are correct on the operation.

You have 3 possible ways to get the problem you are experiencing. It may be low voltage in the batteries. Do the test with the boat engine on, so we have the assistance of the alternator. If that does not fix the issue, then you most likely have a switch/solenoid issue. The solenoids normally only go bad once the switches fail/start sticking. When the switches fail, the can keep the power supplied to the solenoids for too long and burn them out.

Pressure relief valve should be set approx 2 turns from bottoming out. That is approx 420psi.

motor starts, spins pump, pump pushes fluid outward to solenoids, solenoids open (depending on which button is pushed) oil flows to cylinder.

to raise trim tabs, we reverse the motor and the springs in the cylinders help reverse the process.

Best Regards

Brian Kassing
Insta-Trim Boat Leveler

Quoting gunnar.karlberg@telia.com:

Name: Gunnar Karlberg
E-Mail: gunnar.karlberg@telia.com
Topic: Product Quesions

I have some problems with the InstaTrim engine pump for 2 tabs. The left
side goes out well but very slowly back. Right side goes out but not back.
Have checked the engine, OK both ways. Disassembled the valve and tested
electrical function, OK. Cleaned them from dirt. Changed the valves and the
fault is included on the other side. Is it wrong with the solenoid though
it works? Why does it just drop in one direction? Is there a check valve
somewhere? Local company in Sweden says, Buy a new pump! OK but I don't
think the problem is that big. What do you think.
Please send Hydraulic Flow drawing over the pump.
What should the overflow screw be set to?
My theory on function: Valve opens, engine starts and pushes out the
piston. Second way: valve opens motor starts in the opposite direction and
the spring in the piston helps to push back the piston. Right or wrong??.
Hoping for answers to the solution of the problem and flow drawing.
Best regards
Gunnar Karlberg
Lidköping
Sweden.
Bilagor
61A389EB-C0F0-46DC-B662-01671476C805.jpeg
Skriv svar